Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Joy of Jesus

When I got this picture from someone, I fell in love with it. It almost makes me want to get another tattoo! This is how I picture Jesus and how I want to visualize my relationship with Him. I see so many Christians who seem persecuted by their beliefs. They live in constant fear of condemnation. WHY? God has promised us eternal life. God has promised us heaven.
I asked my 5 year old son one day what he wanted to be when he grew up. His reply? "Dead, so I can go to heaven." As horrible as my face must have looked in the wake of his response, when I thought about it, I realized he is on the right track. Why wouldn't he want to be dead? Heaven is our ultimate destination, and in our home we speak of its wonder and gloriousness. Of course, I gently explained that God wants us to live our lives and spread His word and be here on earth for awhile. Sawyer was responsive to that and I'm SO glad.
Bottom line....the journey to heaven will be so much more rewarding if we focus on the JOY of Jesus and our lives with Him. I saw this quote one day, "Joy is the infallible proof that God is present." Shine the light of Jesus today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home