Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Asking

Ask and it shall be given unto you.....seek and ye shall find....knock and the door shall be opened unto you.....
Those words are hard for me to process. I've never been an ASKER. I'm a DO-ER. When I see a problem, I figure out how to solve it, and I 'get 'er done'!!! If I have to work an extra job to pay for it....done. If I have to learn a new skill...done! If I have to sacrifice....done. One thing I don't do is ASK.
By nature, I am a giver, so to take is outside of my comfort zone.
Recently, I've been faced with the challenge and hit a wall. Because God called me to be home with my children, I have eliminated the possibility of working harder to earn the money to complete a project that NEEDS to be done at our home. (Re-roofing our garage) At my age, it doesn't seem prudent for me to learn how to build a roof, especially when my husband possesses carpentry skills (although he chooses to ignore the holes in 'said' roof.)
The option that was left to me was to ASK. EEK! My Christian sisters challenged me to ask. They know my church family, and know they love me. They know they would help. They also know that God stretches us when we listen....so I asked. There is no conclusion to this story yet. I don't know if my garage will get re-roofed. I don't know if my husband will feel threatened in his masculinity because I asked. I don't know....
What I DO know is this....God will provide, but we need to ASK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home