Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What have I done? At the moment, I'm freaking out. I shouldn't be. I am listening to God. I just don't know if I care for what He is saying! I offered to deliver a message to a congregation. Not any congregation-the one I grew up in. Anyone who says God doesn't have a sense of humor...well they are sadly mistaken. These are the people who watched me grow up. They saw me roll the hem of my dress up to my neck during Sunday School programs. They saw me participate in Bible School and all the events of the church family. They also saw my sin. They know me. They know my family. They know I left the church...although they may not know why. How can I talk to them with any authority? I will need to seriously need to pray about this!
What will I say? How will I convince them that what I say has any merit? Will they listen? Do they CARE what I might have to share? Will my words fall on deaf ears? Can I touch lives? That is the real question. Will all that they know help or hinder the reception of what God wants me to say?
I don't know....but God does. I'd better learn to be quiet and listen, 'cause I need some answers! I'm sure He will supply them to me if I will just pay attention!
Pray for me....I think I'm going to need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home