Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Today was a busy, dirty day that left me with much time to think. I sat on a mower all day and it felt good. As my daughter cried and blubbered about having to DO stuff, I kept thinking what a blessing it is to be able to work. What a blessing to have a body that is capable of lifting, and stretching and walking and straining. At the end of the day, my sore muscles and filthy arms means I accomplished something. I'll feel the sunburn and be reminded that I was able to spend time within God's creation and reflect on the awesomeness and intricacies of life and the continuation of it.....
Even those pesky mosquitoes have a place in the whole chain of existence. They are annoying, but they are a food source for many different types of other animals and insects. Can you think of a 'mosquito' in your life? Someone who annoys you, and buzzes in your ear and bites you on occasion...sometimes making you bleed? I have a few of those people in my scope of aquaintances. What GOOD do they bring to my life? How do they make ME a better person? First of all, when I see the things they do to annoy, it helps me see those same qualities within myself and makes me want to NOT do that to others. They provide an example of how I DON'T want to be. They also provide a service somehow. Despite their annoyances, when I look really hard, I realize they contribute something with their time or talent that enhances the human race. (Sometimes I have to look REALLY hard!)
They have their place. God has a purpose for them too. In our humanness, sometimes we overlook the good, and tend to focus on the bad. Sometimes it is hard to NOT see the bad when that is all we're shown, but we need to look beyond that to the bigger picture- the gigantic puzzle that God has put together. Their piece is just as important as ours, because without it, the puzzle is not complete.
Anyway- I need to go now and get the dirt of the day off of me and revel in my sore muscles and sunburned shoulders and scratch my mosquito bites!
Blessings to you all this day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home