Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Wit and wisdom for the day....my girlfriends staged an intervention with me the other night. No, I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic. My addiction is holding onto resentment. They sat me down and held me accountable for my ATTITUDE. I think they know and believe that my actions are Godly, and that I am DOING the right things (for the most part), but they questioned my ATTITUDE about doing these things.
A little part of me was hurt. A large part of me was grateful. Let me back up...this is all in reference to my dealing with my husband. He and I have had a really rough 2 years (the precipitating event happened 2 years ago today, and it has been a horrible journey that has produced MUCH fruit in my spirit). Over the course of this time, I have stretched myself beyond what I believed to be possible (especially within my personality), and we have made it. In this time, I have forgiven things I wasn't sure I should have and bent in ways I'm sure I shouldn't have had to (after all, I'm old, and I haven't joined the cast of Cirque du Soleil!!!)
So now that I am 'enlightened' and we are back on track most days, I tend to believe the worst is over. My wonderful sisters in Christ however showed me that even though I'm doing what I should, I am still being resentful, and I am seeing the rotten fruit that is producing in my relationship. It is affecting me in ways I didn't see. I need to work on ME....God will work on him. I also need to allow God to work on me. (I tend to think I can do it all myself. Silly me!)
I am so blessed to have these women (aka Fat Old Moms) to be there for me, and to stand up to me, even when they are afraid I might be angry. God calls us to be bold, and bless the Lord that they were!
Since the intervention, I have handled frustrating situations with my husband with a different attitude, and Praise God, the fruit is not rotten! You get what you give...whether it be attitude or action. (ME- with an attitude? Insert hearty laughter here!) I know I won't be successful all of the time, But I am going to strive to be more aware, and do what I can to change ME.
So my challenge to you for the day is to be introspective and see HOW you react with your mind- not just your actions. Sometimes those things are very far apart. Bring them together, and toward Christ and you will reap a bountiful harvest of fruit worth eating!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

What a wonderful post! Old Fat Moms are my favorite kind of people!!!

b

PS - You ought to set up the blog for verification or you'll get spammed like crazy!

Off to work!!!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home