Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Monday, September 12, 2005

What are we missing?

I had a few minutes this morning after my children left for school and before one of my daycare children arrived. There was not a whole lot of time to engage in a real project, so I was just wandering around the kitchen. It was then that I saw the cabinet. On the back side of one of my cabinets, I saw what seemed to be a sticky splatter of SOMETHING that had obviously been there for a while. It had collected dirt and cobwebs and even a few cat hairs. I was sickened! How had I missed that? I walk past that cabinet 100 times a day. I bend over near it to feed the cat. It resides underneath my microwave- and we all know how often a busy mother uses that appliance!
That was the key...a BUSY mother. I never slow down enough to see it. I am always rushing past it and my eyes don't see it. It isn't my intention to have a dirty home, and I'm sure those cat hairs are crystal clear to an outsider who walks into my house.....so how could I be overlooking that?
Is it like that in our Christian life also? So often we rush through our days and we don't see the sins and dirt that have crept into our existance. We don't even see them. We don't INTEND to be sinful, but it just happens. The wonderful thing is, when we slow down enough to realize they are there, we sweep them away as soon as we can, because we are now enlightened, and we don't want that to be a part of our lives. Even when we don't see the 'dirt', our friends do...our children do...our spouses do...those looking for a Christian example do....
So, why don't we all slow down, look at our cabinets, and get that sticky stuff off of there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home