Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Poetry

Surrender
"Surrender" He said....
I replied, "NO!"
I have control of my life
and don't need to be told
what to do
what to say
what to listen to
when I pray.
"Just be there for me
in case I stumble."
"That won't do,
you need to be humble."
So I fail and I fall.
I can't do it all.
I cry and I plea...
"Oh God, help me!"
So in His grace
and in His glory
I am here to tell my story.
I couldn't do it after all.
Thank God I can walk
after I've crawled.
Submission
Submission....a word that strikes fear in my heart.
It means to me I'm not doing my part.
It implies that I'm less than I'm able to be.
To give up control...to someone else heed.
I feel it is weakness, but God knows it's power.
To give Him control in our darkest hour.
But we also should give it on brightest of days.
Raise our hands in surrender; lift our faces in praise.
He will bless us beyond all of our wildest dreams,
Take us far past all of our hopes and our schemes.
Our cups will flow over, our lives be fulfilled.
If only...if only...we surrender our will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home