Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Humility

Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord....and He shall raise you up!!!
Humility....what a concept. I recently heard someone ask if they felt closest to the Lord on the mountain top, or when they were on their knees. My own experience has been that in my darkest hour is when the Lord seems to be the closest. When things are going well, I tend to think it was because of my own doing. I tend to forget where the true power for the hour came from.
Anyone who knows me knows that words to describe me would include, 'control freak', fiercely independent, hard headed....but I know my true power comes in total submission to the Lord.
Last year I faced a horrible crisis in my life and marriage. I was stripped of my relationship, my finances and my hope (for a moment). Fortunately, I turned to the Lord, and gave it all to Him. The Fat Old Mom's told me I have never shown so brightly as in the face of this terrible adversity. They even called me inspirational (thank you!) I completely trusted God to see me through, and HE DID! My finances defied the calculator, and my husband returned, my family was restored, and my testimony is strong. The miracles were unimaginable and my purpose became clear.
I still have my days. When I feel the most 'out of whack', I look around myself and realize that I am fighting God's will. I then try to step back, look it all over and realize that in a wrestling match with God....I will never win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home