Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Don't forget to eat!

Out of the mouths of babes! Yesterday at lunch, I was all fired up about God and was talking, talking, talking to my luncheon companion. As I talked, I heard a little voice (of the daycare child who was tagging along) say, "Eat Lori." The tyke was apparently concerned that in my enthusiasm, I would forget to consume the food which was before me. My companion and I laughed over the ridiculousness of the statement. I believe my comment back to him went something like this, "Well thank you Kimo for reminding me because it seems I might just starve to death if you hadn't been here. As you can see, I'm practically wasting away!"
Anorexic has never been a word to describe me. I have never allowed my scale to be less than heavily burdened. My clothing sizes include anything in the double digits from 10 all the way up. I am truly a Fat Old Mom, so the hilarity of his statement hit me full force. I may forget to brush my teeth. I may forget to wash my face. I may not always have time to go to the bathroom, but I have never FORGOTTEN to eat. I love to eat. I love the taste of food. I love the preparation of food. I love shopping for food. It is a part of everything I do.
I include it in family time. I include it in celebration. It consoles me. When I want to show someone I care- I bake. When I am concerned for someone, I offer to cook for them. I know people like it when I fix them something. I love how their eyes light up when they see me with a container of cookies.
I own many cookbooks and cooking implements. Pampered Chef is my friend. Tupperware invitations send me into a happy little dance. I find fulfillment in food and all the emotions surrounding it.
Do I feel this way about Jesus and prayer? I would like to think so. At the end of the day, if someone asks me about my relationship with Christ, I would like to use all of the above examples to define that relationship. I would like to think that He consumes my day, that I want to share Him with others. I would like to think that I can't wait to be alone with Him and consume His word. I would like to think He is the cornerstone of all of my family functions, the basis for my outreach. I would like to think being invited to Christian events would stir the emotion within me that a Tupperware invitation does. As my walk progresses, I find these things to be truer and truer about my everyday life, but I still am not to the place where I would laugh out loud about the lunacy of the statement..."Pray Lori"....as if it would be beyond my comprehension that I might NOT.
Hopefully someday, I will get to the point in my life where I may forget to eat, but I will never forget to pray and put Jesus first in my thoughts, life and actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home