Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm Being Used!!

"I'M BEING USED!!!" How many times in my life have I uttered those words in despair. Over the years, I've had people use me for my time, talent, finances, body (back when I HAD one!) and various other things. I've been frustrated to the point of tears when someone I love and care about has expected things from me and been ungrateful. I'm a giver by nature, so I love to do things for people. Unfortunately, that creates in SOME people a desire to take advantage.

My kids ask me to stop what I am doing to rush to their sides for every little need or desire "Mom! Tie my shoe." "MOM! Pour me a glass of Kool-Aid." My husband wants me to find him a pair of socks. The cat wants to be fed. The dogs bark to be let out. My Mom wants me to help her with 'thus and such'. My Dad wants me to check on something at the farm. "Do me a favor" has become the prefix to so many of the sentences I hear during the day. I do home daycare for a living, so it is only compounded by the fact that I surround myself with needy people. (I know- I bring it on myself!)

When you give everything you have to a cause, a person, a goal, a dream and then find out it was unappreciated, it makes you want to scream! You feel cheapened. The act of kindness seems unworthy of your efforts. Even when it IS appreciated, the constant demand of your time and energy is tiring.

Returning to my former issue about ATTITUDE, I see now that we have to look at WHY we have given. Have we given of ourselves because of the outcome, or for the act itself? Does it feel better to GIVE or RECEIVE? When we feel used, maybe it is because we don't start out in the right place to begin with. Maybe we need to see our acts as seperate from the results.

Recently, I have felt compelled to work for Jesus in ways I never dreamed He might call upon me expand and reveal myself to the world. I don't know how it will be received. I don't know what the results will be. I don't know if I will be patted on the back, or booed from the stands! You know what...it doesn't matter. God ignited the fire and wants to thrust me out into spotlight.

My attitude about it....USE ME GOD! Now I feel PROUD to be used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home