Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just a Little Off

I got a phone call from one of my daycare dads the other day. During the course of our conversation, he mentioned that his son (Joshua) had been singing the song 'Joshua Fought the Battle of Cherry Coke'. I had to admit- that was my fault. Sometimes I change the words a bit in my attempt to be the 'fun mom'. My daughter declared that in order to be the 'fun mom', I really needed to try harder, and that she considered me the 'embarassing mom' more often than not! Some may percieve my lyrical morphing as sacriligious. I also like to sing, 'God of Grace and God of Lori' (It makes me feel like He's my God alone!)

Okay- maybe its not right. Maybe I should be more serious about my faith. I tend to be a little silly. I've been caught dancing in the kitchen in my Happy Feet Slippers, radio full blast once or twice by a daycare parent who then seriously questions my sanity or whether or not the dosage of any medication I might be on has been messed with. I've been known to make faces at my husband over a candelight dinner- complete with beaded gown and tuxedoes. John was less than appreciative. I thought he should be grateful I hadn't shoved anything up my nose, and that the cross eyes were for his viewing only.

Despite my lack of reverence for such things, I DO take my faith seriously. I do believe with all of my heart. I do know that I am saved by grace, and not by works. I do believe that God sacrificed His most precious gift as an offering for us....the most undeserving lot of characters to exist. I DON'T take that lightly. I revel in my relationship with Jesus Christ, and I guess that joy just bubbles out of me in inappropriate ways at times.

I know my faith is a journey. When I look at my footprints in the sand at the end of my time, I hope they seem a little crooked here and there to indicate that I was hopping and skipping and dancing with Jesus. My Savior can lead, and I will be wearing my Happy Feet Slippers.

*I recommend everyone get a pair at www.buyhappyfeet.com. I don't know how to add links- so you may have to cut and paste it! Sorry. I claim to be fun- not smart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home