Fat Old Mom's Wit and Wisdom (as inspired by God)

Come here to read the humorous spiritual rantings of a Fat Old Mom who thinks she has something to say.

Name:
Location: Hennepin, Illinois, United States

I am a happy, healthy Christian Mom of 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it). I love animals, helping others and serving God in whatever capacity He calls me to do so. Fat Old Moms was a term born of a desire to define this season of my life. My girlfriends and I go on an annual 'Fat Old Moms' weekend where we leave our husbands and children and explore ourselves and return to 'chick' status for a couple of days. We seek Christian influence in each other, but also allow ourselves to BE ourselves.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

One Way Ticket

I have a ticket. My destination is clear. It was given to me by a generous donor that everyone should know. He pilots the plane. It is a one way, first class, non-stop ticket to paradise. The view couldn't be better and the seat is top notch. All I had to do was ask for it and it was given without hesitation. No strings attached.

At first I thought the offer was too good to be true...kind of like those internet offers where you can get a free gift card to Applebees if you just click HERE. Once you do, you realize you have to answer questions, commit to buying something and give out personal information that others could use to plot against you. I tried claiming one of those tickets once, and saw that it led absolutely nowhere and wasn't worth the price I had to pay in the end.

Thing is, when I signed up for this ticket, I was given the assurance that my safety was secure. There was no need to purchase additional insurance. I wouldn't need luggage, so in the meantime I had no worries about the trip itself. No need to pack. No need to save....there would be no need for money once I reached my final destination. I wouldn't be coming back (and wouldn't want to), so I wouldn't need to buy any souveniers. Until my boarding time, I could just trust that all of my travel arrangements have been taken care of.

I was asked if there was anyone I would like to travel with. When I came up with a few names, I was told that all I had to do was convince them somehow to come and ask for their ticket also. They were already printed and just waiting to be claimed. There would be no charge...no hidden fees....no tax....I wanted to tell everyone. I even talked to people I didn't know so that they could claim their tickets too. It was such a wonderful offer, I couldn't keep quiet about it. People saw how happy I was to have my ticket that some of them even asked me about it first! I was happy to share all the information I had!

I was given an instruction manual to make preparing for my trip easier and more enjoyable. It didn't say anything about the fact that there wouldn't be trouble, but it gave specific instructions on how to deal with every problem, so as long as I read my manual, there should be no concern or anxiety while I waited. The solution to every glitch was simple- I just had to ask. The pilot was more than willing and more than capable of handling everything.

I'm really looking forward to my trip. I don't know my departure date. That isn't printed on my ticket. I don't want to leave before I have to, because I know that those I leave behind will be sad to see me go. They shouldn't be, 'cause I'm going to LOVE my eternity in paradise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home